Off-Campus Agreements (Community Partnerships)

In the past, some local agencies have had long-standing relationships with the Labor Program and Student Payroll Office to provide primary work assignments during the academic year (e.g., Save the Children, MACED). These agencies are treated like any other department in the way that they secure allocations, fill positions, compensate and evaluate students. Students are paid through the Labor Program and Student Payment Office, but agencies must reimburse the College for the scholarship payments unless a prior arrangement has been made.

In very special cases, students may approach the Labor Program and Student Payments Office to develop a one-time agreement with an off-campus agency. These agreements are made very sparingly and are typically with non-profit agencies directly associated with the student’s intended major.